A Citizen's Guide to Section 106 Review
By law, U.S. citizens have a voice when federal actions will affect properties that qualify for the National Register of Historic Places, the nation's official list of historic properties. Protecting Historic Properties: A Citizen's Guide to Section 106 Review is designed to help citizens make their voices heard.
The guide covers information including the following:
- What Is Section 106 Review?
- Understanding Section 106 Review
- Determining Federal Involvement
- Working with Federal Agencies
- Influencing Project Outcomes
- How the ACHP Can Help
- When Agencies Don't Follow the Rules
- Following Through
- Contact Information